Tuesday, July 22, 2014

.... nearly finished....

Here we are at the end of the building process and I have hardly posted at all. I would've loved to have kept up-to-date with the blog, however it seems as though I have been inundated with work, which had to be a priority (given it's part of the reason we have the house). In saying that, I am disappointed that I haven't posted even just a short update regularly to be able to show the progression. We do have a gazillion photos that are dated, so in time I'd like to make a photo book to display the images. 

Next week (30/7) we have a pre-handover walk through. I am unaware of what this involves, however I am assume we check the place out to see if it's up to our standard. Fortunately we have been able to regularly get inside the house and there are just a couple of minor details that need attention (and I dare say they'll be fixed before we arrive next week).

In terms of the timeline, we're now at the end of week 24 (of a 34 week contract), so it looks as though it'll be about 8-9 weeks ahead of time, which is incredible. We had to bring our tax appointment forward this week to ensure we had the funds in time to finish the house (flooring, fencing, driveways, lights etc. etc. etc.!)

Below are some images - a bit of a catch up really! I'll post more soon (I promise)!





Entrance

Kitchen (without the actual kitchen)

Kitchen

Laundry
Laundry


Bathroom


Walk-in Robe


Deck


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your initial plans (which I really liked) on the homeone.com.au forum, and it led me here. I notice that you ended up changing the plans a fair bit, and was wanting some feedback as to how that came about. We have a large sloping block in Victoria, and I really liked the layout of the 3 kids beds around the rumpus & centralised deck in your initial plans. Your finished product looks great, would you be able to email me a ball-park cost for it? Thanks for your inspiration! :) Justin.

    ReplyDelete